Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Bride of Christ and Train

Forever can never be long enough for me
To feel like I've had long enough with you
Forget the world now we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do

Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way
Marry Me
Today and every day
Marry Me
If I ever get the nerve to say
Hello in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm

Together can never be close enough for me
To feel like I am close enough to you
You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love you
And you're beautiful
Now that the wait is over
And love and has finally shown her my way
Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me
If I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm

Promise me
You'll always be
Happy by my side
I promise to
Sing to you
When all the music dies

And marry me
Today and everyday
Marry me
If I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Marry me
Mm-hmm

I'm sure just about everyone has heard this song. The song is titled "Marry Me" of Train's newest album "Save Me San Francisco."

A random thought came to my mind when I was listening to this song this morning. What if we saw this song from Christ's perspective? What if we took these words to heart?

Forever can never be long enough for me
To feel like I've had long enough with you
Forget the world now we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do

In this first verse, it starts out talking about how he longs to be with this person. Christ longs to be involved in our everyday life. But we continually shun him from taking all of our lifestyle.

Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. - Isaiah 53:1-12

The second part of this verse talks about forgetting the world. When we accept our new life through Christ we are supposed to put off all of our old worldly desires. This means EVERYTHING that was of the world. Most of you have probably heard the phrase "In the world, not of it." That is a great reminder while we are on our walk with Christ.
To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.- Ephesians 4:22-24

Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way
Marry Me
Today and every day
Marry Me
If I ever get the nerve to say
Hello in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm

Here's where it gets good, it begins to talk about marrying. Marrying is a form of commitment. "Marry me, today and everyday." This is talking about the daily commitment we have to partake in to follow Christ. We have to daily make the decision to try to be Christ-like. Christ wants nothing more than us to make that commitment daily and allow him to work through our flaws and purify our imperfections.

Great video clip to deal with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhfUzodLRvk

Let your heart therefore be wholly true to the Lord our God, walking in his statutes and keeping his commandments, as at this day. - 1 Kings 8:61


Together can never be close enough for me
To feel like I am close enough to you
You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love you
And you're beautiful
Now that the wait is over
And love and has finally shown her my way
Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me
If I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm


Christ wants to be the center of our lives and its a constant battle within us. Throughout scripture, it talks about the church being the bride of Christ.


Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.- Revelation 19:7-8

And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  - Revelation 21:2

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. - Ephesians 5:25-27

Also, another reference to being the bride is here by "You wear white and I'll wear out the words 'I Love You' and 'Your Beautiful.'"

Christ loves us and always reminds us of how he created all of us and that we are each Christ's original masterpiece. We are his, and he doesn't make crap. We are all fearfully and wonderfully made!

Just some food for thought, please comment and tell me what you think, or add your own input to this.